Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Whole New Meaning For "backfire"

       The thing is, I had never fully realized the power of the term, "backfire" I mean, of course I had known what it MEANT. (hello, i skipped a whole grade in language!) But I hadn't quite known the true feeling... I always thought it would just be like in those crappy sitcoms, where something stupid happens, then one of the poorly thought out characters goes, "well that backfired!" and everyone starts laughing like it was some witty joke, then the episode ends and some commercial for Febreeze shows up.
     Well, let me tell you that it is NOTHING like that, and having a plan backfire, especially as horribly as mine, is possibly the most horrible feeling in the world.
      What plan?
      You may ask. Well, maybe you should go back and read the whole blog so I don't have to sit here and type out the whole story of my miserable middle school career. But if your really THAT lazy, (shame on you!) then here is the very basic reason why I need a plan in the first place.
Anthony, my crush, has a girlfriend (Quinn) and I'm trying to break them up.
      Try to keep up, jeeze. Anyway, so basically my plan was to spread a rumor about Anthony cheating on Quinn, first I thought about making it the other way around.... but I made it Anthony cheating on her for a few reasons

1. Girls react a lot more dramatically, therefor more chance of a break-up
2. That way, everyone would hate Anthony, and I would be like, "I believe you!" Then he'd realize we are meant for each other, and he wouldn't have many more options with everyone hating him.

      So, I told C.J. and Iz of my plan, they don't like spreading rumors, but since there my besties they helped anyway. They then spread it around by posting it on Facebook, text messages, emails, and passing notes in class. To bad the teachers caught Iz when she passed the note in Science... but that actually helped, seeing as then the teacher made her read it aloud, hoping it would be something embarrassing and then make her feel bad for passing notes in the first place. Really, though, that just helped her pass the gossip along to everyone.
     After 3 days, the gossip had spread and the deed was done.
      I was feeling great as I walked through the doors of my school... until I noticed everyone staring at me. This wasn't like when people found out about the pool, either. This was different... before it had been smirks and laughing looks, that made me feel embarrassed. But this time it was like, a billion and a half death glares.... And as unpopular as I am... I usually get a couple of these hateful looks, but less intense and usually accompanied by a role of the eyes. But here.... it was cold, hard glances from everyone. What was up??
      Suddenly Anthony walked up to me and stopped me! Probably to tell me how he finally realized how much he loves me, and that he broke up with the awful Quinn, and that he wants to take me shopping! YAY! A smile spread across my face... but was stopped in its tracks as he started speaking.
       "What the hell????" he saw the question on my face. "Why would you spread that awful rumor about me cheating?" now I was shocked..... how'd he know? "John overheard you and your friends talking about starting it... why?? What did I ever do yo you? I barely even KNOW you! What's wrong with you!?!?!" for the first time I was speechless. This is what everyone was acting so mean for....
    "I... I.... Did.... Its.... Im...." i couldn't speak, so I just ran. I ran all the way to the bathrrom, where I just cried my heart out.
      

      Well, that backfired.

~Magzy

2 comments:

  1. Aww I am so sorry girl! D: What a horrible school! Can't believe you're treated like that! :( If you ever need to talk, I'm right here.

    ReplyDelete