Saturday, November 6, 2010

Trouble Abroad

        As I walked down the hall to my next class, social studies, I notice people staring at me. I feel a little, anxious, but sometimes that happens when your one of the most hated kids in the grade. So I kept walking. Only a couple more steps to the social studies classroom....
      I stopped dead in my tracks. There was a huddle around something, by the lockers on the right side of the hallway. I couldn't see much, because it was so crowded, but in the middle I saw the top of a head, with red hair gleaming in the overhead light. It was Sylvia and Lucy. For some reason, this scared me. I mean, they could have been doing anything really. Even if they were laughing and gossiping about someone like I suspected, it could have been anyone..... not necessarily me. With those thoughts I keep walking towards the social studies classroom.
     But my steps carried me another way, towards the huddle. Everyone was laughing at something.... I wanted to find what.
BRRRRRIIIIINNNNGG
    The bell suddenly rang and the crowd dispersed, but as they filed out they looked at me and some smirked, some giggled.... I knew something was up. So I confronted the two evil twins, and as I was about to say something, Lucy said, "So, been in the pool lately?" at first I was bewildered, then shocked, then confused again, then dreading the worst. I consoled myself there was no possible way they would know of the incident that happened last saturday at the indoor pool. Where I was just swimming, being happy because swimming is something I love to do,  but then I went for the high dive. I was wearing my new bikini, and it looked great on me, but it was just a little bit loose..... As I had jumped of the diving board, I was going so fast on the way down that the top slipped off in mid air! And then I couldn't find it! That was the last time I'd been in the pool, so I was afraid she was referring to that. Of course, she wasnt, she hadn't been there. And no one from our school had been there..... right....?
      She then held up a picture. Of me. I was just a blur, because I was going so fast and cameras aren't great at catching movement, but you could clearly see my blue polk-adotted bikini top in the air above me. Also, you could tell it was me by the color of my hair, and the shape and size of my body. It was clearly me, last saturday, at the pool. How had anyone got that picture..... was someone there from our school that I didn't realize? And why had they taken a picture of me? That's a little creepy.... but all the same embarrassing.
       I had no idea what to do, as I walked down the hall to class, about 30 seconds late, people's stares became more proclaimed. I could now clearly see they were looking at me, and snickering. I knew I would have to do something.
      At lunch, I knew this was going to be a day where my bffs and I had to sit and eat in the bathroom, for the stares and smirks were to much for either of us. They stuck by my side, and stood up for me every time some other kid made fun of me. These two were amazing friends.
       A week later it had all blown over, like the gossip in middle school does, and here I am blogging about it from my bedroom.
      So I guess it wasn't the end of the world, even though I thought it had been when that piece of information had got out. And if anything like this happens to you, just remember that your friends will be there and that's all that matters, and things in Middle School don't last forever.
      But I feel like you need to know this:
the gossip only got out to 6th!!! Anthony is in 7th...... so he doesn't even know! I still have a chance!!! Well, kinda, I mean he's still way to outta my leauge, but I still have the little chance I had before!!! YAY!!!!

~Magzy

No comments:

Post a Comment